Application for “Nyugaku oyobi Shingaku Shitakukin (Preparation money to enter school)” for single parent families

For the purpose of developing healthy children and improving their talent, the town will grant a preparation money for single parent families whose child enters a primary school or goes on to a higher education.  
Please be informed that the deadline for applications has been extended to March 10th, 2022 (Thu.). 


Those who are a single parent household or are rearing a child who do not have parents are eligible. In addition to that, they have to meet the following conditions when their child enters a primary school or goes on to a higher education. 

  • Living in Oizumi town.
  • Rearing a child who does not finish compulsory education and living together with the child. 
  • No income tax is levied.
  • Not being receiving public assistance. 

Amount of preparation money 

Amount of the preparation money is as follows.

  • For entering a primary school (including the first semester of compulsory education schools and the primary grades of special needs schools.) … 10,000 yen
  • For entering a junior high school (including the second semester of compulsory education schools, the first semester of secondary education schools, and the middle school of special needs schools.) … 15,000 yen
  • For entering a high school (including the second semester of a secondary school or the upper division of a special needs school), a technical college, or a special training college. … 20,000 yen

Application Procedures 

Please bring the following documents and materials for the application. Please note that the timing of application varies depending on the procedure.

  • Application form for the preparation money
  • Your Bankbook
  • Jidou-Fuyoteate-Shosho” (Certificate for Child-Rearing Allowance), or “Jidou-Fuyoteate-Shikyu-Teishi-Tsuchisho” (Notification of Suspension of Child-Rearing Allowance Payment) if you are recipient of the Child-Rearing Allowance.  
  • If you are a foreign national, a certificate provided by your mother country to prove that you are a single is required. The translation in Japanese is also required. 
  • Documents showing that no income tax has been levied, if you are not resident in Oizumi as of January 1st of the previous year of the application. 
  • Nyugaku-Tsuchisho” (If your child will be enrolled in a primary school or entered a junior high school in Oizumi Town, the Educational Administration Division has sent you this notice by mid to late January.)
  • Certificate of enrollment for your child, or your child’s Student Card (when your child goes on to a high school or so on.)

If you are not the recipient of “Jidou-Fuyoteate” (Child-Rearing Allowance) and meet the following situation, please consult the Children Affairs Division (Kodomo-ka), because required documents are different.   

  • You became a single parent for reasons other than spouse’s death or divorce, or reasons other than unmarried.
  • You are rearing a child  who does not have parents.

As for the application form, you can download it from the website attached below, or it is distributed at the counter in the town hall.  

Application Period

  • Students planning to enter primary school or junior high school: 8:30 ~ 17:15, January 17th (Mon.) ~ March 10th (Thu.), 2022 except Satursdays, Sundays, and National Holidays
  • Students planning to enter high school: This information will be provided after April 2022.

Contact Information

Children Affairs Division (Kodomo-ka)
Phone: 0276-63-3111
Counter: The 23rd counter on the 3rd floor of the town hall