Change in Application Procedure at Resident Affairs Division Counter

From April 1st, 2022 (Fri.), various application forms such as a Copy of Jumin-hyo (Certificate of Residence), Inkan-TorokuShomeisho (Seal Registration Certificate), Jyusho-Ido-Tetsuzuki (Resident Transfer Notification), etc. will no longer be required.

Until now, we have asked you to first fill out an application form at the registration table, and then the person who has completed the form will be served at the counter. From April, however, it will no longer be necessary for you to fill out an application form.

Applicable Procedures

  • Issuance of Jumin-hyo (Certificate of Residence), Inkan-Toroku-Shomeisho (Seal Registration Certificate),
    Koseki-Shomeisho, etc.
  • Personal Seal Registration and Abolition of Personal Seal Registration
  • Resident Transfer Notification (Moving-in, Moving-out, Address change)

New Procedure

  1. Please take your number tag at the reception. We will call in order. 
  2. When your number is called, go to the counter and present your ID. After you have answered the questions about your application, our staff will prepare the application form and other documents for you. 
  3. Check the contents of the completed application form, etc. and sign to complete the application.

Identification documents (ID)

  • IDs that one is enough: Individual Number Card (My Number Card), Driver’s License, Zairyu card, Passport, Shogaisha-Techo (Disability Certificate), etc.
  • IDs to be required two documents: Health Insurance Card, Kaigo-Hoken-sho (Long-Term Care Insurance Certificate), Fukushiiryo Jukyusha-sho (Welfare Medical Expense Beneficiary Certificate), Nenkin-Techo (Pension Book), Student Card, etc.:


If there are any discrepancies in the application, certificates or other documents may not be issued.

Contact Information

Resident Affairs Division
Phone: 0276-63-3111
Counter: The 1st counter on the 1st floor of the town hall